ABOUT THE EVENT
COPR Fall 2017 Edition
Monday, October 30, 2017
6pm – 9pm
10 Barrel HQ Banquet Room
62950 Northeast 18th Street
Bend, Oregon 97701
Held on 10/30 at 10 Barrel HQ, the 1st annual COPR is a mentorship, feedback and community-building event for all Central Oregon creative professionals as well as those aspiring to be. The event will feature:
- Speakers across several creative fields discussing their work, process and experiences.
- 1-on-1 mentorship sessions with experts in a variety of creative fields. (NO PORTFOLIO REQUIRED)*
- A Creative Recruiter table–hear what companies are looking for and what gets you hired.
The event is designed to achieve three primary objectives:
- Foster a stronger sense of community amongst creative professionals and working artists.
- Encourage and assist new creative talent within Central Oregon by helping them to understand creative career opportunities and how to successfully pursue them.
- Inspire and motivate all creative professionals.
(* No portfolio is required to have a mentor session, though if you have one that you would like reviewed please by all means bring it!)
Pete Alport is an accomplished and veteran photographer, videographer, mountain guide, and shoot organizer based in Bend, Oregon. His impressive client list includes Burton, Redbull, The NorthFace, Oakley, X Games, Dakine, ESPN, 10 Barrel, Deschutes Brewery, Humm, Hydro Flask and many others.
Big Ideas on a Bend Budget
Why making great local work with local brands benefits all.
Founder and Creative Director at branding agency Crime & Partners, Jamie is currently creating awesomeness with: Deschutes Brewery, Raleigh Cycling, House Spirits Distillery, BEING Apothecary, Breaking Eighty, The Center and other awesome brands.
Blending Personal and Client Work
The value of personal projects alongside (or as a part of) client work.
Gabriel James is a filmmaker and composer and the man behind the camera at Ghost Village Films, a craft video production company based in Bend, OR. Ghost Village works with artists & agencies, individuals & organizations for the creation of meaningful, beautiful films.
Creative Recruiter Table
Hosted by BLT Recruiting
Find out what types of creative positions companies are hiring for, what they typically look for and how you can improve your chances at landing that next freelance or perm position!
COPR – Central Oregon Portfolio Review
A Creative Social & Mentoring Event